Sunday, March 12, 2006

spring break: day three



So, over the last couple weeks, I've been really busy. A couple weeks ago, I went to Pittsburgh for the Jubilee conference and had a great time downtown with Taylor and Kelly. For that weekend, downtown Pittsburgh had been overrun with about 2,000 Christian college kids, perhaps making it temporarily the safest city in America. The three of us had a great time taking pictures of the cityscape, until a security guard came up to us and said there are security cameras all over the place watching us and we've got to stop taking pictures of the tops of buildings because he's getting all kinds of calls about us. After September 11, he said, you just can't do that.


So, then we went to a pizza shop and discussed how we didn't like the idea of Christians converting Muslims and other spiritual ideas that we realized would make us even more suspicious if the security guards were still listening in on our conversation.


Other than that, though, life has just been moving quickly. I'm already on spring break, and am for the first time excited about being on vacation from school. Today I'm headed down to Circleville for a recording session with Lift, and tomorrow I'm driving to Michigan to take my friend Josh to a monastery. Tuesday I'm going to do schoolwork all day to get caught up on work. Then Wednesday, assuming the weather is good enough, Adam and I fly to Florida.


Now, of course, when most people say they're flying somewhere, they mean they're getting on an airline and being flown somewhere. But not us. Adam is piloting the plane, I'll be his navigator, and we shall get into a little plane like this one and fly down first to North Carolina, then to Miami, then Cape Coral for his cousin's wedding on Saturday.


It's already only three days into spring break. Technically, only two days into it, but Friday was so much fun, I'm counting it as day one. I spent the evening with Kelly and Bobby, watching a movie (Adrienne also joined us for part of the movie) and heading out to Bono's Pizza in Kilbourne, and just having an all around fun evening. Yesterday, Adam and I stocked up on delicious food for break, and visited a photobooth in the mall so I can finally start contributing to hula seventy's Photobooth Friday (but you'll just have to wait till Friday to see it!), had dinner at Chick-fil-a, and laughed a lot.


Already, it's been the best spring break ever. And the rest of the break is promising to be even better. As long as the weather holds out...

No comments: