Saturday, November 05, 2005

Flat tires suck. New tires, however, kick ass.



For about three months my car has been vibrating when I drive, such that this morning I noticed that my thumb resting on the steering wheel would continuously shake back and forth about 3/4 of an inch. That's a really weird feeling. Last week, when Bobby was in the car with me, he said his favorite part about riding in my car was watching my arm jiggle as I held the steering wheel. I knew it had to do with the wheels, but I hadn't realized how worn my front passenger-side tire was (the wear was all on the inside of the tire, so it couldn't really be seen without removing the tire) until today, when it finally wore itself out completely. The tire even rolled off the rim, it was completely blown.

In the 9 years I've been a driver, I've been a passenger in cars that got flat tires, 7 times. This was the first time I had gotten a flat while driving.

Adam was close by, so he came and changed the flat and we went to get a new one, but all the tires were pretty worn so I got a whole new set of tires.

The amazing part is, though, that now, my car drives like new. It handles completely differently. I had such a nice drive home, I treated myself to a yummy dinner at Avesta's using off-campus food points when I got back to campus.


As a side note: I feel like I'm terrible at this whole blog thing. I have so much trouble keeping posts at a short, quickly-readable length. If you're reading this, kudos to you and your attention span. I thank you. Let me know if you have any advice for how to keep postings to a comfortable length.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... I remember Kudos.