Saturday, October 29, 2005

travel reminiscence- part III


In May of 2004, the company I was working for sent me to Boulder, CO for a very boring meeting. I didn't care about the boring meeting though, because in two months later I was quitting the job to go back to school. (They knew this, but they sent me on the trip anyway, which was very cool of them.) I was just excited about the prospect of seeing the rocky mountains.

Sadly, during my three day stay, the weather was of unprecedented cloudiness and fogginess, such that it looked more like Toledo than Boulder. The guy at the desk in the hotel said he'd lived in Boulder all his life and had never seen such a bad streak of weather. But I got a great free dinner at a fancy restaurant in the mountains, and we at least got to drive through the Rockies, even though the mountain peaks were hidden by all the low clouds.

No comments: